Enjoy Restaurant-style Food at Home!!!
The roads are empty – yet you can’t race at full speed to your favorite restaurant to eat those mouth-watering dishes. Yes, amid this COVID-19 crisis, when leaving your house for essentials has become constricted, can you imagine dining out? Even with food delivery apps getting food to your door-step (for restricted timings), it is always better to avoid outside food to contain the spread of the corona pandemic. Worry no more about lip-smacking food – Chennai food reviews will post a few restaurant-style recipes to help you enjoy delicious food that reminds you of your favorite restaurants sitting right at home.
Paneer Biryani – For the vegetarian protein lovers: (Hotel Saravana Bhavan Style)
Paneer is vegetarian’s go-to food for a twist to their regular food. This Paneer Biryani is different from the laborious biriyani recipes, in the sense that we just marinate the paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) cubes and layer it with rice. Sounds simple, doesn’t it?
A) Rice Preparation:
Rinse Basmati rice three to four times, and then soak it for 30 minutes. Drain the water and mix rice with 1 tablespoon ghee and a little salt.
B) Paneer Marination:
- Take 1/2 cup of curd and whisk it till smooth
- Add 2 tsp of ginger-garlic paste, 2 green chillies, 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves and 1 tbsp mint leaves
- Then add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder , 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, and 1 tsp coriander powder
- Mix well, season with salt and add cubed paneer
- Leave aside for 30 minutes
C) Now for the biryani:
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pressure cooker. Then add 1/3 tsp caraway seeds
- Add 1 tej patta, 1 inch cinnamon, 3 to 4 cardamom seeds and 1 strand of mace
- Add 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- Stir on low flame till onions turn brown
- Remove a few onion pieces for garnish
- Now on the onions left in the cooker, layer the paneer marinade evenly
- Then add the rice
- Then add the onions kept aside and then the coriander leaves
- Leave it to cook for 25 mins with whistle on low flame
Serve it like Saravana Bhavan
Pic Courtesy – Google
Voila, yummy biryani is ready!
Try this recipe and enjoy your day at home. We will be back with a few more restaurant-style recipes in the coming days!