Notice: Undefined variable: post_types in /home/mdj0kdoqtu3p/public_html/wp-content/plugins/yet-another-related-posts-plugin/classes/YARPP_Core.php on line 1103
How about wake up at 6 30 to order Swiggys or Zomato? Nah! The only thing good about this quarantine is that we get to wake up when we want to wake up. Alarm clocks haven’t been used for 20 days now yeah? But if you are still yearning for those Absolute Barbeque style Chicken Tikkas or the Dhabba Express type? Here’s a style you would relish even more cos its all made by you at home!
Drool! Yes, thats what this dish does to your taste buds. Probably one of the most ordered dishes, this one is not as difficult as you think it might be. This quarantine, give this recipe a try at home.
Step 1 – Chicken Marination:
- Take 1 cup of hung curd and add 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/8 tsp pepper powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste and 1 tsp lemon juice
- Add 1 tbsp oil to the above mix
- Add the small pieces of washed and dried chicken pieces to the mix
- Mix well and leave it aside for an hour. Longer the marination, the more flavourful the tikka will be
Step 2 Chicken Tikka Preparation:
- Cut bell peppers and onions into cubes
- Skew the chicken and vegetables alternately
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees for 15 minutes. Grill the chicken tikka for 20 mins. Alternately, you can grill it in a pan on stove top
- Serve with green chutney as an accompaniment
Pic courtesy : Paradise Biryani, Thiruvanmiyur from Zomato
Dont forget to share your pictures with us on Facebook
Looking forwards to your comments on our new series of restaurant-style recipes on ChennaiFoodReviews.com